Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Kid Crafts

Austin & Caleb's brithdays are coming up so I decided on a "Modern Train" theme.. I have made a few things including the party favors, Train Crayons. I picked up these cute Soap Molding trays at Hobby Lobby and decided to make crayons. Austin loves to color and loves trains so it was a win, win. He loves them!! He likes to run them across the paper saying "choo choo"! I also made the others for a birthday gift, I included a birthday coloring book to top it off.


These sell on etsy and can tend to be pricey! All you need are Crayola Crayons, moulding tray, a tin can and a pot of boiling water. I put the crayons in the tin can inside of the pot of boiling water (the can gets very hot) so wear oven mittens. Once the crayons are melted pour them  in the tray then place the tray in the freezer -once they are hard they will pop out and there yah go!

I found these Race Car molds at Michaels.. Austin loves these!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment